Tuesday, January 24, 2012

GAGAerobics Takes Madison

Just thought I'd quickly update The Pledge with a very pleasant announcement.  Beginning tonight, Tuesday, January 24th, I will be leading group GAGAerobics sessions at Sotto every Tuesday and Thursday!!!  Sotto, Madison's newest "gay-friendly" bar and dance club, will open its doors at 6 pm, and the GAGAcising will commence at 6:30!  To say this is somewhat of a "dream come true" for me is cheesey, yet not overstated. 

In a perfect world I'd be in the financial situation to rent out the space, and we'd all GAGAcise for free.  But as most of you know, my job pays the bills and really nothing more.  With that being said, GAGAerobics sessions are $3 each or two for $5.  I want to make it very clear that I am not being paid to lead these sessions.  We'd like to keep them as affordable as possible, and I'm most interested in simply sharing the experience with people who are looking to have good, healthy fun!  To be surrounded by people who love GAGA, are invested in my goal or are just looking for a fun workout is payment enough!  I need to GAGAcise anyway, so why not do so among friends? 

What I find hilarious about this whole thing, is that I'm far from the typical aerobics instructor whose body you're covetting throughout a workout.  No one is going to look at my body in envy.  While I am not "the face" of fitness, what I'd like GAGAerobics participants to remember is that I am the face of improvement... someone who has made health a priority in her life, at least to a greater extent than it's ever been.  Like Madonna's quote from the last edition of The Pledge says, "You can always change, become a better version of yourself." I'd like to think I'm doing that.

And I thought I had to be drunk to compliment myself!  Speaking of which, don't comment on my figure if you see me, perhaps a little schnockered up, at a bar... as a couple friends learned last night, you'll likely get a lengthy response in which I shamelessly pat myself on the back for my weight-loss efforts.  Sometimes it's hard to be modest when you feel good about yourself... and I was feeling particularly good last night for a few reasons.    

Well here's hoping I see you at an upcoming GAGAerobics session!!!  Whether it's this week or in March, I'll be at Sotto every Tuesday and Thursday ready for you!  It's surely an experience!

"To enjoy each day as it comes is the greatest success of them all."  --  a cheesey graduation card

Love. Peace. GAGAerobics.

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment