Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 2 - The Reboot Continues

As day two of our Reboot is coming to an end, my body is feeling pretty damn great!  Keep in mind, we're still able to chew at this point... lets see how I feel about this whole cleanse thing when I'm only DRINKING fruits and veggies.  But I will say this, my inner chubby 12 year old is wondering what the hell happened to herself!  The kid once addicted to macaroni and cheese and bowls of melted chocolate chips can hardly recognize her 23 year old self!  Gaga bless that awkward tomboy of yesteryear, but change was a good and necessary thing!

Anyway... Sucks to be that hotel guest who chose the WRONG time to approach the front desk.  All I'm saying is there might be a reason I'm standing at the far end of the front desk area... alone.  While my body is responding quite well to this raw food diet of sorts and I'm experiencing the bowel regularity of my dreams, I have had some pretty raunchy farts... scratch that, extremely raunchy farts these past two days.  A group of four guests just approached the desk at yet another inopportune time... these poor, oblivious people must think there's a family of skunks nestled under the hotel floor boards.  Yes, it's that bad. 

I must say, I've eaten pretty damn well these past two days.  Sure I've had to drink a couple "Mean Grean" juices that some might find less than desirable (about 60% kale), but other than that I've just eaten deliciously healthy foods! Breakfast has consisted of large bowls of black, blue and strawberries...mmm mm!!  Lunch has been Trader Joe's vegan salads topped with chickpeas, craisins, edamame, pumpkin seeds, gingery dressing, etc, etc!  And Ms. Kelly has treated me to two delicious dinners, including tonight's homemade sweet potato and carrot fries as well as greens steamed to perfection!  I could certainly get used to this sort of diet, provided each day involved menus as delicious as these past two!     

But how soon I've forgotten about my great disdain for the coconut water I'm supposed to drink with my afternoon snack.  I'm convinced old people would taste eerily similar to coconut water if we were to juice and drink them too ;)  Everybody else seems to think coconut water is delicious... my coworker Tony even went as far as pegging it "orgasmic."  Lets agree to disagree, shall we?!

Here's hoping y'all can't smell my farts from wherever you're reading... if anyone's gas is capable of wafting all that way, it's certainly mine on the Reboot!  I shan't fight it, though, as a wise person once said...

"It's better to let it out and feel the shame, than keep it in and feel the pain." 

Love. Peace. GAGAerobics.

Jackie


   

No comments:

Post a Comment