Thursday, April 5, 2012

Reboot Day 3 - So Tired It Hurts

That's probably not how I should title a blog post about a cleanse I'm trying to convince people is healthy.  I find it hilarious how skeptical some people seem to be.  Where was everyone's concern when I was considerably overweight and eating for a family of four?!  And how could consuming only fruits and vegetables for a week not be healthy?!  Just  because I won't be chewing for seven days, doesn't mean I won't be "eating."  I'm confident I'll be consuming just as many if not more nutrients than I normally would.  As for those of you concerned about protein (and a lot of you are)... don't be.  Most of the juices have plenty of leafy-greens (ideally accounting for 60% of the concoctions), which will provide more than enough protein.  I'm most certainly not saying one should consume only the juices of fruits and veggies for extended periods of time. I am saying, however, that 10 days of eating and drinking only the fruits of our earth will be FAR healthier than the eating out and binge-drinking I'd otherwise be doing. Perhaps this little hiatus from what had become my routine-unhealthiness will break the cycle of bad habits I'd fallen back into.  Here's hoping!

As I contemplate the reactions I've gotten to this cleanse, I've come to the conclusion that Americans not only doubt the power of fruits and vegetables but we have also been conditioned to fear them. 

Well, I wrote that snarky lil' rant when I was pert' near sleeping while standing at work.  Sure, I'm getting more than enough nutrients, but I'm also eating FAR LESS calories than I was a week ago.  Therefore, this calorie deficit has me feeling SLEEPY SLEEPY!  And when I'm SLEEPY SLEEPY and being prevented from sleeping, I ain't so nice anymore!  So blame the snarkiness on my SLEEPY SLEEPY-ness.  But hell, a post-work GAGAerobics session will wake anyone up! And despite the cleanse, the workout was great!  I was pretty exhausted by the end of it, but isn't that the point?!  Thanks to PJ and Elise for being my partners in GAGAerobics crime! 

Here's hoping I'll survive the first of our non-chewing days! Tomorrow marks Day 1 of strictly juicing!  Somehow I managed to get both Friday and Saturday off, so any immediate Reboot side-effects shant harm my professional performance ;) While I'm digging the cleanse today, lets see how I feel tomorrow!  I'm guessing my mood and overall condition will be able to be summed up in one word... WOOF.  Oh, and virtually no gas and no poops today... WHO AM I?!  

"Buzz's girlfriend... woof." -- Home Alone

Love. Peace. GAGAerobics.

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment