Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 6 - Happy Easter!

Well... If I can't be in the presence of my family on this lovely Easter Sunday, I suppose work is the next best place to be.  Right?  Negatory.  I've spent virtually every Easter I can remember in Bloomington with my favorite cousins (except last year, of course, when I was in freakin' Italy).  So relatively speaking, work is probably the last place I'd rather be.  Especially due to the very grandiose buffet currently sprawling throughout the entire hotel lobby.  I don't know what I did to deserve this, but staring at the buffet all day is a virtual hell for a food addict like me!  Hahaha I'm obviously being a little dramatic here, but it is quite torturous on some level.  And while it pains me to admit it, I suppose being absent from the family Easter celebration is the slightest blessing in disguise... at least for the sake of this cleanse.  Here's what Mother Ellen had to say in an email about the pending Easter menu: 

"I’m sure Aunt Jean’s busy gathering her recipe for escalloped pineapple, and she has a new plan for the roasted asparagus!! Aunt Mary is gathering ingredients for cheesy potatoes and…..  Me, well I’m memorizing the sticky bun recipe and deciding which bars to make.  Decisions, decisions!! (Guess with your cleansing, Jackie, you couldn’t enjoy much of these goodies anyway!!)"

Well put, Mother. Although, if I were at Easter with y'all, it's quite likely I would've ejnoyed all of those goodies... at the expense of the cleanse :S  Especially if you decided to make your Kit Kat Bars, which aren't quite as famous as your Skotcharoos but definitely more delicious!  Superman is to krypotinite as cleansing-Jackie is to Mom's Kit Kat Bars.

Well, I almost hesitate to share how much weight I've "lost" since beginning the cleanse. I write "lost," because I'm well aware the weight one "loses" when solely juicing is likely to come back upon eating "normally."  I want to reiterate that I'm not doing this cleanse with the intent of losing weight (naturally, it will happen... especially when someone drinks and eats out as much as I was again).  I will re-quote Joe Cross's website, http://www.jointhereboot.com/ , because it defines the Reboot and articulates even my intentions better than I can...

"A Reboot is a period of time in which a person commits to eating or drinking only fresh fruits and vegetables. Reboot is not a diet, it is a time for the body to reset, cleanse and take in all those vital nutrients Mother Nature intended for us. The Reboot Program allows you to take control of your diet, improve your health and wellness... The goal is to help you break a cycle of unhealthy eating, or simply enhance the quality of your diet by increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables."

So, how much weight have I "lost"?!  Well, the morning of Day 1 I weighed 199 lbs exactly. Keep in mind I had my period at this time, so that could've skewed the scale upwards of five pounds.  Anyway, this morning I weighed in at 187.4 lbs!  Bahahaha it's a little insane, and I know it could largely be water-weight.  Nevertheless, it's still fun to see the scale down to that sum... the lowest weight I'd previously seen during The Pledge was 187.6 lbs (this may or may not have occured the morning after some fairly heavy drinking, so I was quite dehydrated).  Anywhozits, I just hope y'all don't think I'm on some crazy crash-diet... I assure you, my body's loving the cleanse.  The lack of either gluten or dairy is doing wonders for my weak stomach and bowels :)  I'm well aware that sustaining a diet of strictly juices is simply not realistic, and I would never want to do that.  Post-cleanse, however, I will certainly try to maintain a heavily raw diet.  Wouldn't we all in a perfect world?!      

Here's hoping y'all are enjoying this beautiful day with friends or family.  As for me, I'll be done with work and reuinted with my Juice Mama before I know it!  If I can't be with my family on Easter (or chew, for that matter), at least I'll be with Kelly!

“I tried every diet in the book. I tried some that weren’t in the book. I tried eating the book. It tasted better than most of the diets.” -- The Dolly Parton 

Love. Peace. GAGAerobics. 

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment