Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reboot Days 4 & 5 - Who Needs to Chew?!

Cheesey but true, my motto for the first two of seven strictly juicing days is, "Who needs to chew, when I've got you?!"  I am, of course, referring to my special friend and "Juice Mama" Ms. Kelly.  Somehow I managed to get these first two chew-free days off from work,  so Kelly and I have been able to do all of our juicing together.  This is absolutely fantastic for my sake, as I might find all of the juicing and organization (you know, prepping cleanse-approved meals/drinks for work, picking out juice recipes, gathering the proper supplies, etc, etc) the most difficult part of this whole ordeal. 

We've also been able to do our "I'm-so-freakin'-sleepy-from-this-detox" lounging together.  Today has entailed watching several episodes of United States of Tara,  my first episode of The L Word (I know, I know... what kind of lesbian is just delving into this show now?!), some other movie involving a girl-on-girl love affair, Finding Nemo, and now Shrek 2.  Thank GAGA Kelly has a dog that occasionally needs to be let out to pittle (or poop for that matter... believe it or not, I actually picked up Ebony's poop yesterday... something a vowed I would NEVER, EVER do!).  If it weren't for Ebony, we'd likely never see the light of day!  But in our defense, it's difficult just to go outside when there's a Mexican restaurant right across the street!  This restaurant alone stirs an intense desire for guacamole and margaritas within this food-adddict's soul!  Even on our venture to Target today I could hardly keep my tongue in my mouth when driving by Jimmy John's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Taco Bell!  It's much easier to maintain our sanity within the confines of Kelly's apartment... trust.

With the company, guidance and expertise of my "Juice Mama," these first two chew-free days have been very do-able and relatively enjoyable.  Sure, the beet/sweet potato/red pepper/carrot/ ginger/apple/orange concoction was far from easy to drink, but that likely had much to do with my failure to wash the beats... these vegetables already have a deliciously "earthy" taste, but there was literally dirt in our juices.  As Kelly said, it felt as though we were eating soil.  Upon taking my first drink, I asked if there was dirt in my teeth.  Woof!  Fortunately for us, that was not only yesterday's dinner, but also this morning's breakfast!  It'll be breakfast for me again tomorrow... can't hardly wait!

But trust me, some juices are FAR more delicious than others!  Last night we enjoyed a delicious, grapefruit, orange, cranberry and lime concoction, and today's lunch was a blend of black, razz, blue and strawberry juices with mango, coconut water and avocado!  SO DELICIOUS!  This drink even had a little body to it, as it was blended with ice!  Mmm mm good!  And I'm not constantly hungry... if anything, my tastebuds are just left a little unsastified after drinking some of the more vegetable-heavy concotions.    

Here's hoping y'all keep reading despite the lack of raunchy farts and epic poops I swore to report on.  To be honest, I have occasional gas but it hasn't been raunchy at all lately... and I haven't really been able to poop.  I took one small poop on Day 3, I didn't poop AT ALL yesterday and I had one very unimpressive BM today.  I don't feel constipated or anything, so I suppose these dormant bowels are better than the eruptive alternative.  Mom, if you're reading this, you can thank me later for all this poop talk... I'm sure you're loving it ;)

Well, yesterday was a day of several firsts.  Not only did I pick up my first fistful of dog shit and go an entire day without chewing, I also saw Titanic in it's entirety for the first time!  Having just seen that epic film, I'd like to leave you with Jack Dawson's daily motto...

"Make it count."

Love. Peace. GAGAerobics.

Jackie

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. Love the last "poop" paragraph. Also love that you left on a "Titanic" note. I hate to think of you both wasting away inside though. Proud of you both, but make sure you are eating enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Michelle! I so appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete